Our next indoor meeting takes place this Thursday 10 March at Northfleet School for Girls
The presentation will be “Antarctic Adventure” by Ralph & Brenda Todd. Cruising from Ushuaia to the Falklands and on to the Antarctic Peninsula, Ralph & Brenda will beguile us with icebergs, penguins, albatrosses and life on board a cruise ship.
The meeting will start at 7:30pm and will finish at 9:45pm.
Admission to all our indoor meetings is £5 for members. Non-members will be charged £7 but their first indoor meeting will be free if they join the Group – cash only please, and please try and bring the right money.
Refreshments will be available during the interval for £1 – you are welcome to bring your own refreshments if you prefer.
Our meetings are open to all, so if you have not been before, please come along and introduce yourself – you will be made very welcome!
Please remember the current protocols in place at all of our indoor meetings:
- Do not attend if you have a raised temperature or any other signs of COVID.
- Wear a face mask at all times whilst indoors (unless exempt).
- Use hand sanitiser wherever it is available.
- Follow all signage around the building to help maintain social distancing at all times, you may find a “one-way system” in place.
- Chairs will be more spaced apart than formally, please be careful not to move seats from different households or “bubbles” together.
- As we will keep our venues well ventilated you may wish to bring some extra layers to keep warm during the cooler months.
- To help reduce money handling please try to have the correct change available.
- Raffle tickets will be pre-separated to minimise subsequent handling of tickets.
- If you wish to ask questions of the Speaker please do so during the time given for questions, rather than approach the Speaker during the break or at end of the main talk – this is to protect the Speaker.
- If you prefer to bring your own refreshments for the interval, please feel free to do so, but tea and coffee will be available as usual.
- Please ensure social distancing is maintained during the refreshment break.
- You may like to carry out a lateral flow test before attending, and these can be obtained free from pharmacies or online via the government website – just search for ‘order lateral flow test’.