Our next indoor meeting takes place this Tuesday, 27 September at the Gravesend Masonic Halls.
The featured presentation will be “A QUEST FOR WADERS” by Rick & Elis Simpson of Wader Quest.
A year’s fundraising venture visiting far-flung & exotic places to see wader species. Humorous & alarming, with the conservation issues for waders explained.
The meeting will start at 2pm and will finish at 4pm.
Admission to all our indoor meetings is £5 for members. Non-members will be charged £7 but their first indoor meeting will be free if they join the Group. Refreshments during the interval will be an additional £1. Our meetings are open to all. If you have not been before, please come along and introduce yourself – you will be made very welcome!
Please remember the current protocols in place at all of our indoor meetings:
- Do not attend if you feel unwell, have a raised temperature or any other signs of COVID.
- We continue to encourage everyone to wear a face mask whilst indoors (unless exempt).
- Use hand sanitiser wherever it is available.
- Follow all signage around the building to help maintain social distancing at all times, you may find a “one-way system” in place.
- Chairs will be more spaced apart than previously, please do not to move seats from different households or “bubbles” together.
- As we will keep our venues well ventilated you may wish to bring some extra layers to keep warm during the cooler months.
- To help reduce money handling please try to have the correct change available.
- Raffle tickets will be pre-separated to minimise subsequent handling of tickets.
- If you wish to ask questions of the Speaker please do so during the time given for questions, rather than approach the Speaker during the break or at end of the main talk – this is to protect the Speaker.
- If you prefer to bring your own refreshments for the interval, please feel free to do so, but tea and coffee will be available to purchase as usual.
- Please ensure social distancing is maintained during the refreshment break.